30 September 2010

i wish everyone had a family like mine.

Photobucket

heavens i have the best family ever, no?

this project idea of stephanie's to have her blog readers make scrapbooks for my girls here is stellar. it literally makes me cry to just feel the support of all ya'all back in the states. and let me tell you, this is something the girls are going to LOVE.

this afternoon i chatted extensively with two of the girls, each showed me old and tattered notebooks and scraps of paper filled with writings and drawings they have treasured in their rooms. but neither of them had pens of their own to continue writing/drawing/creating etc. i had no idea! i gave them each some random pens i had in my bag. it made their week. i mean really?

so yes. these pretty, girly scrapbooks are going to be very beloved. and the fact that ya'all are willing to extend and donate to girls so far away that you don't know at all just means a great deal. really, what can i say?

that goodness counteracts the harshness of the days spent at lua nova. that 14 year old i mentioned in my previous post who just found out she's pregnant? she ran away today. oh heavens, what a tragedy. the point is that some of these girls are not going to stick with this reforming process. because as hard as their previous lives are, to make a full turn around is another challenge that takes them completely out of their comfort zone. behaviour change really is insanely challenging, and nearly every girl is quite miserable throughout the process. so to give them something beautiful and uber positive, just for them - really! it will be wonderful.

oh huzzah for the goodness in the world, and for all your generosity. i really love you all. a whole whole lot.

beijos!
joojie.


p.s. this gorg photo is by renato stockler, a professional photographer that visited lua nova a few months ago. love.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

glad we could help, jooj. wasn't this project your idea? yes, i take no credit for it.

should we send some pens, too?

Melinda said...

That is an awesome idea! I can't stand scrap booking, so I've acquired quite a few as gifts that are sitting unused. I'd be glad to donate them to somewhere they can be appreciated. Good luck in all your work!

Barbara said...

Joojie I have a whole box of pens and I will get them in the mail today. You are doing such a great job and you put your whole self and love and patience into it.
Love you so much and as I said before you are truly an awesome girl.
Grammy

Heather - said...

Hi, my name is Heather, and I follow your sister Leslie's blog. I actually don't know her either, but I love her blog. :) Anyways, I found about this through her blog. I was wondering if you're in need of baby/kid items as well? Like burp cloths, bibs, blankets, dolls, toys, etc? And also, you mentioned in one of your other posts that the girls will be making slings and I was wondering if they would want/need some pretty sewing things like pincushions, needlebooks, and cute bags to keep everything in?
I don't know if these are needs or not, but I'd love to put some things together for you if they are. I'm just so touched by what you're trying to do for these girls, and would like to help.
If you get a chance, email me and let me know what you think.

lemondroppdesign@gmail.com

You're doing such an amazing thing, good luck!!