sorocaba skyline! woo hoo! (as seen from my neighborhood, just 5km west of downtown up on a hill.)
standing on the balcony of lua nova (the organization i now work for)'s downtown sorocaba office. LOVE the bright blue houses in brasil. LOVE.
me in brasil, just to prove it's all really happening. (i also happen to love this huge mirror in my room, it gives the space a classy touch :)
the corner of my kitchen, where i spend lots of time skyping, as the internet miraculously works 2000% better there than anywhere else in the house. notice honey + mug of rooibos tea brought direct from woolie's in south africa. mmmm....
more soon: i.e. i must bring my camera out to aracoiaba, the lovely village 20km from sorocaba where the majority of lua nova's work is done. i'll be spending most days of the week out there, amidst the green green fields, red dirt roads, and bougainvillea.... wish my work was as picturesque as the setting :)
ate breve!
beijos!

8 comments:
it's nice to see pictures of where you are. keep them coming.
love you.
yes - keep them coming. sorocaba looks way nicer than i expected! mom
Don't stop sending pictures. Love them!!!!!
Hugs
grammy
such a bright and cheery place. i love bougainvillea. :)
yay jooj! can't wait to see more pictures. and i am all for bright blue houses.
I love seeing these snapshots into your new life. I particularly love the one of you in the mirror - maybe because I get a little glimpse of you! I'm excited to read about your Brazilian adventures (for some reason, that sounds dirty, but I promise I didn't intend it that way!).
so crazy that you are in Brazil!!! once I save up some moneys ill be coming to visit you! so you better get ready!
My friend just sent me a link to your blog. Pretty incredible stuff you are doing there! Truly. I'm 29, but when I was 12-15 I lived there in Sao Paulo and traveled to Sorocaba many many times. Saudades after seeing these pictures. What you are doing is an incredible thing and I look forward to helping your sister with the scrapbooking idea.
Post a Comment