26 January 2009

i think i should probably blog


1. berlin. oh too much to tell.

but here, let me try to recount one aspect at least of the journey: i went to dozens of small private galleries of contemporary art and am convinced that besides new york, berlin is the absolute most impressive epicenter of exciting and stunning art being produced today. i could literally write 100 blogposts based on what i saw. so yes, for this, and many other reasons, my 2 weeks in berlin were a resounding success, and i am in a semi-stupor having just returned last night and confronted with life once more on this side of the atlantic...

2. i move to new york city on friday. !!! 149th and broadway. !!! (notice my updated profile to the right!!!!!!!) mom is coming out to help, which is quite possibly the most wonderful news of the month :) thanks mom!

3. i am swiftly falling in love with both salman rushdie and margaret wise brown. geniuses of completely different modes of expression, but oh! how they have both reached my heart :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

i need to hear about your trip in more detail, through chat or phone convo, you pick! :) i'm glad you had fun, i was thinking about you the whole time!
so excited for your move! ;)

Amanda said...

I just recently bought (but have not yet started reading) Midnight's Children and The Satanic Verses. This motivates me to get crackin' on those, though, so that maybe one day we can discuss!

And may I just say that you have an open invite to come back to D.C. anytime to hang out before I leave? I haven't seen nearly enough of your lovely face.

lia said...

an art professor told me last year that if i was serious about art, besides new york, i should really consider berlin - oh, i''m so so so jealous!

and good luck in new york!

Lauren said...

I miss you. Visit me in DC.

Brittmae said...

Yeah, I miss you too but harbor no illusions that you will be running out to ooh-tah anytime soon...especially since your Mom has gone and taken away your motivation since she is coming out to be best-friends with you. Harumph... I am glad Berlin was a blast -- of course it was artsy and amazing. Mike and I saw Defiance and liked it... love you!!

Barbara said...

Glad your mom is helping you move. It is just tooooooo cold back ther for me but know you will love all there is to see and do.
Love and Hugs
Grammy