18 April 2009

the local train to etsy

it's true, my official uniform for many years has been a vintage dress with a vintage slip underneath. i promise it's the most comfortable thing to wear ever. SO... to inaugurate the 72 degree weather (!!!), i thought it was time to shop for a few new spring vintage dresses. but. vintage in new york city = WAY overpriced. even brooklyn. i mean seriously - $50 for a dress? i miss LA shops... so instead, i resorted to etsy. huzzah! what do you think?


and i have no face in these pictures because a) my hair is super long and is taking over my head, and b) i'm super shy and awkward when having my photo taken - thanks carlynne, you're the best roommate/photographer! :)

13 comments:

Leslie said...

cuter than cute jooj! i keep expecting to see you on the sartorialist now that you're in nyc! will you reveal your shop sources? :)

Unknown said...

total BABE!

Ginger said...

Super cute! I love the one on the right especially! It shows off your gorgeous figure!

joojierose said...

aw, shucks. the shops were 'zoozoospetals' and 'zwzzy' - though i found them just by searching for vintage dresses. why go through all the other stuff? just give me the dresses :)

Elizabeth said...

Love 'em!

stephanie said...

ooo, i love them. i had to click on them to get a better view. you look great, jooj! i've always been jealous of your great style. even when you were like 13.

Melinda said...

You look great in those! So classy! I've never ordered clothes on etsy for fear they would fit awkwardly on my awkward body, but maybe I'll try now after seeing your cute dresses! And yes I too have I've noticed NY vintage shops have scary prices.

Pa said...

are they really vintage! so cute and you look adorable. can't wait to see you!mom

Tres Jolie Julie said...

Too cute; I love them and your lampshade too.

beckie said...

love them! you look great.

Thelma said...

Even Penelope Cruz (in VCB) would aspire to your beauty

molly said...

Um, Joojiekins, YOU ARE SEHR HEISS! I love love love the dresses!!! And you! (And I also love Thelma's reference to Vicky Christina Barcelona, and shortening it to VCB. Brilliant!)

Brittmae said...

Cute! I also want to know where you got them, although I know that vintage usually = smallish (did girls not eat in the 40s! really?!) But I love them...really...so you...the whole thing about not really seeing you...is you too...but I will take what I can get.