since then i have watched a full 2.5+ hour documentary and then fictional film on rembrandt's "nightwatch", whilst (nervously) eating saltines to regain some strength...
and all this rembrandt night watching (literally) reminded me that i live within a subway ride from a whole room of gorgeous rembrandts and resolved myself to go to the met more than i have been this last year. (when i can actually stand upright that is.)
sigh.
i really do need to sleep now! i simply can't seem to. sickness and all that mean sleepless, long, reflective, weary, and tender nights for me...
so in the meantime i'm reading keats...*
*ironic, yes - considering i'm just nigh on turning 25. (weird!) but i'm comforted to know it's not 1821, and i do not have consumption. even if it kinda feels like it.

12 comments:
oh no, jooj! what could it be? i hope you start feeling better pronto.
ugh, vomiting out the side of a cab does not sound fun. also, you must be sick if you took a cab!
feel better. i love you.
I'm so sorry you're sick! That is the worst, but how I love how very JOOJ you are even when you're sick. If I were sick, I would not watch a documentary and fictional film on rembrandt. I would watch an entire season of mad men or gossip girl. and that is the key difference between you and me.
Do you need anything???
oh jooj! that sounds horrible! i wonder what it could be?! please take it easy and don't move until you feel better. nausea makes it really hard to sleep, but it's so horrible to feel like doing nothing. blah. love you!
ah! you're all too kind, and your comments honeslty make me feel better :) and steph - exactly, you know i will do anything to avoid taking cabs! i was determined to take the subway, but literally could not stand up. it was a necessary $25 expense.
lauren - i also watched 30 rock too - does that help? :)
and jill! thanks so much - i'll call you later. but i don't need anything, my roommates are very good, and i have plenty of saltines :)
No fun! Hope you are better soon.
oh, love. hope you feel better soon...i'm sure dreaming of ben whishaw helps!
Keats.
food poisoning, it sounds like.
love you.
and go to the met, yes!
jooj, hope you are feeling better today. you are in our prayers :)
Oh jooj get better soon. so sorry you are ill. I just got over the flu so now how bummed you must be. I sent you an e-mail so check it out.
Love you
Grammy
feel better! I hate throwing up... love you!
Post a Comment