
i have seen a few movies downtown this last week as part of an awesome jean-luc godard retrospective. OH! i cannot explain my increased obsession with this brilliant filmmaker and the 1960s aesthetic. and seriously, i really just want to be anna karina... i mean look at her! i'm thinking a mid-hair-part is in order. mom - i'm so jealous that you were able to wear false eyelashes everyday in high school! :)
also - mom, i'm 200 pages into "the oldest living confederate widow tells all", and yes, it is amazing. truly.)
and further also - life in new york isn't perfect. you see, due to complications (i.e. flaky plumbers who don't keep appointments), my apartment still doesn't have hot water. so throughout this full cold manhattan february i have been heating up water on the stove and taking bucket-showers. good thing i've had good practice from niger, morocco, et al... the plumber is supposed to be here tomorrow at 8am. i'm praying after 3 weeks he'll show.

and further also - life in new york isn't perfect. you see, due to complications (i.e. flaky plumbers who don't keep appointments), my apartment still doesn't have hot water. so throughout this full cold manhattan february i have been heating up water on the stove and taking bucket-showers. good thing i've had good practice from niger, morocco, et al... the plumber is supposed to be here tomorrow at 8am. i'm praying after 3 weeks he'll show.



9 comments:
jooj, you could totally pull off that look. you definitely have the hair for it. sorry about the water situation. i don't think i could give myself bucket showers for 3 weeks straight. you are amazing.
Have you seen Breathless yet? See it! Amazing, I too wanted to be everything french and heavy black liner after that. Beautiful.
I remember bucket showers from the Philippines. I used to put ice cubes in the bucket because it was hot. Sometimes I still want to take one in the summer but I'm sure taking one in the cold pretty much sucks. Good luck on getting water!
i hope your water guy is there as i type this comment. and, to echo steph's comment AGAIN, you could totally pull that off. easy!!
just think of it as a little piece of Africa in New York.
Things I don't miss about Uganda: bucket showers and squatters.
I'll say a little prayer that your plumber comes.
xoxo
can't believe your water situation! you should get a rent rebate! and remember false eyelashes pull out your real ones - you don't need them anyway with your beautiful eyes. mom
also - told you it was amazing! you should get your package from me today. mom again
Haha! I knew that you sent me the blog because you thought I'd think it was funny, which I DO! I just mean that it's kind of bad that I blatantly laugh at other people's appearances. I'm a terrible a person, but it's just so much fun.
I LOVE ANNA KARINA TOO! I am so, so, so jealous! And as far as false eye lashes, http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P204400&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5809
Laura's glue is amazing, and the "full" look so natural. DO IT! hehe.
Post a Comment