it's been 70 degrees and sunny for the last week in oxford. i.e. HEAVEN. there are so many gorgeous parks and greens and gardens in oxford that are meant to be enjoyed on days like this. so today i will listen to general conference talks that i downloaded via podcast on my ipod in the magdalen college park and enjoy the sunday.
while it's not mother's day here in the UK (that was a month or so ago), i do know that today is mother's day where my mother and all my lovely sisters who are also mothers are living. i'm so grateful especially for mom, because i don't think i would have half the appreciation for the beauty of magdalen college without mom's example. we all know how much she loves not only england, but "old stuff" in general, and that love was instilled in all of us i believe. it's a wonderful perspective to have, one that i've realised is truly unique - considering how many students here take the gothic loveliness of oxford sorely for granted. so thank you mom for all you taught us, i would definitely not be who i am today without you. :)
and the rest of you - ginger, katie, leslie, and steph, i hope you find a moment of relaxing joy today!
happy sunday everyone!
11 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
glad you can have a relaxing day and can't wait to be there with you! love, us
thanks, jooj! i hope your day was perfect. mine has been pretty close. :)
love you!
Love your blogs and being able to hear what you are doing.
Love you lots
Grammy
Yeah for Moms! I know....my mom isn't as fun of "old stuff" as "cute stuff", but I am grateful nonetheless. And thanks for thinking I'm a great wife...in a non-lesbian way..cuz even though we are tight and you are basically a European...we still like boys...most of the time. Love you!
Okay, how dumb am I that I wasn't actually aware that you had a blog, but now that I have found it, I feel like sunshine has been added to my soul! I miss you so much, but Uganda frickin rocks! It's not nearly has hot as Niger and that is something I am very grateful for. Thank you again for letting me stay with you at Oxford. I had the best time and I'm always thrilled to see you! I love you!
Post a Comment